Common Misconceptions about Digital Marketing
What are the Common Misconceptions about Digital Marketing that Small Business owners have?
ome business owners who still need to adopt an online digital marketing strategy think having a website is good enough for getting business. They assume that their prospects will visit their website and they will start getting inquiries from the contact form.
No, it’s not so.
Creating a website is a good starting point for digital marketing, but more is needed.
You may get some traffic from people whom you have met & exchanged your visiting cards during events or meetings. Even that is NOT guaranteed.
You need to drive visitors to your website, which should be your sales prospects who can convert into customers. Only then will your website help you to grow your business and expand.
Some of the other misconceptions of Online Digital Marketing are:
- Facebook Ads or Social Media Marketing is Online Digital Marketing
- SEO (Search engine Optimizing) is SEO Digital Marketing.
- Email Marketing is Digital Marketing
- Google Adwords is Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing is all of it working comprehensively and in tandem.
Digital Marketing is about:
- Building a proper interactive & responsive Website
- Doing SEO to bring the long tail traffic
- Doing Adwords to grab the keywords with intent and identifying the keywords content match
- Analyzing Customer Behavior and getting Insights with Google Analytics
- Doing Social Media Marketing to connect with your customers and audience
- Doing Facebook Ads to expand your message and audience reach
- Doing Email Marketing to build a relationship with your audience and nurture the leads
- Blogging to gain expert status and credibility
It’s about having the right online marketing mix to deliver website traffic, conversions, and sales.
It’s about using the different components of Digital Marketing to your business advantage and producing results to acquire qualified leads, convert them into customers and boost your sales. At the same time, it is building a business’s brand image.